Thursday, October 11, 2007

Farewell Sarah


A guestbook, a shoutbox, the comments to posts in blogs. Who gives them much thought? Not many I'll bet. Most leave a note and that's it. Some don't even bother.
.
But you can meet some special people through writing in a guestbook. I and many others met such a special person.

If you read through one of my shoutboxes or many of the comments to my posts you'll see the name Sarah.

I first 'met' Sarah on another guestbook, the one for the Gardiner St Website Sarah was a daily visitor there, spreading her cheer and chat with the other regulars on that guestbook. Yes it's that kind of guestbook, one where people from all over the world meet, get to know each other and become friends. I chose a yellow rose here because in a recent topic on roses Sarah said her favourite is yellow.

Now Sarah has left us. She went to her eternal reward on 10th of this month.

This beautiful yellow rose is for you Sarah.

I offer my deepest sympathy to her family, friends and everyone who knew and loved her.

We will all miss you Sarah, but are comforted in knowing that you are in a better place. May God bless you and all who love you.
~Ár deis Dia go raibh a n-ainm.~

5 comments:

LadyJava said...

Hello there

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for visiting my site.

This entry is so beautiful and I can really feel your lost. My condolence to Sarah's family and you too Jim. Obviously you feel the loss too..

God Bless :-)
LadyJava

Anonymous said...

This is very nice, Jim. As you said, Sarah was an important person to all that visited the meeting place we call the "GB". She greeted us every morning, with a cheery hello and the weather report for her area and she always knew ours as well...She was funny, friendly, and warm...Sarah you are missed so much..Rest In Peace sweet friend...

Mike S said...

Ditto what Mies said. I'll really miss our 'weather comparisons'.

Anonymous said...

hi there thx dropping by... my condolences..pray to God for her soul..

Treasa said...

What a wonderful spray of yellow roses just for Sarah. She would just love them Jim. Later today, Sarah makes her final journey to her mortal resting place, but her spirit will be with us always. Sarah's spirit sprang from the pages of the GB with warmth, laughter and a vibrancy that death could never overcome. We love you Sarah, and will miss your physical presence, but your spirit will be with us always.
Your friend
Treasa from the GB.